Friday, December 2nd
- “It’s a Wonderful Life in Lafayette” Community holiday celebration is scheduled from 4 to 6:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 2 in Lafayette’s Plaza Park, located in downtown Lafayette. Complimentary admission. Arrive early and plan to stay. This fun and festive event includes visits from Santa, official holiday tree lighting ceremony, one-of-a-kind photo ops, live entertainment, crafts, holiday treats and a holiday sing-along.
Saturday, December 3rd
- Orinda Theatre Square Free Family Holiday Fun 5 to 8 p.m., tree lighting at 7 p.m. on Dec. 3, Free Santa visits and Photo Op, Kids Ornament Workshop, Horse and carriage rides.
- Annual Holiday Faire at the historic Hacienda de las Flores Hand-crafted gifts, décor and specialty foods by over 45 local artisans. All items handmade. This event is sponsored by and is a fundraiser for The Hacienda Foundation. 6 to 8 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 2 and 4 to 6 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 3. For more information www.facebook.com/HaciendaHolidayFaire/
- The Oakland East Bay Gay Men’s Chorus will be performing “Fairy Tales: A Holiday Concert” 7:30 p.m. on Dec. 3 at the Lafayette Christian Church, 584 Glenside Dr. Tickets: $25 general, $10 senior and students, kids free. http://oebgmc.org. One of the numbers is “Let it go” with all 45 men in Elsa wigs.
- Live Nativity at Moraga Valley Presbyterian Church (MVPC) Stop in anytime from 5:30 to 8 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 3 when the MVPC Courtyard will be transformed into a Bethlehem manger, with actors and live animals. While the Courtyard will be a reverent scene, there will be additional activities, music and refreshments in the Fellowship Hall.
Sunday, December 4th
- Santa visits and photos at Orchard Nursery (aka The GOOD Santa) He looks great in photos and had a beautiful backdrop. Professional photographer is taking photos that will be emailed to you for free, but you are welcome to take your own photos too. 11am-1pm
Thursday, December 8th
- “HOME ALONE” – FREE MOVIE SCREENING – Orinda Theater Square 7pm
Saturday, December 10th
- Orinda Theater Square 5 to 7 p.m. on Dec. 10, Meet the Frozen Princesses, photo booth/face painting, horse and carriage Rides, free gourmet coffee and hot chocolate.
Sunday, December 11th
- Breakfast with Santa at Boundry Oaks Golf Course Delicious brunch, cookie decorating and a private audience with Santa. https://www.playboundaryoak.com/news-specials-read-more/75-breakfast-with-santa
- Santa Train The Napa Valley Wine Train transforms into an interactive and musical ride to Santa’s Workshop during the winter season, with visits from Santa’s helpers, hot chocolate, cookies, and more fun for kids and grown-ups alike. Running all December. winetrain.com
- California Academy of Performing Arts (CAPA) presentation of “The Nutcracker.” Performances on December 16, 17 and 18 at the Campolindo Performing Arts Center (300 Moraga Road) in Moraga. With more than 100 local Lamorinda performers ranging in age from 6 – 18 years, this elaborate production features sumptuous sets, live narration, and absolutely gorgeous costumes. Tickets ($20) can be purchased at https://www.eventbrite.com/o/california-academy-of-performing-arts-inc-6196668151
- Bay Area Children’s Theater – Fancy Nancy Splendiferous Christmas – Running through December http://bactheatre.org/shows/FancyNancyChristmas What could be fancier than Christmas? Presents with elegant wrapping paper, festive decorations, Christmas cookies with sprinkles – and who could forget the tree? This year, Nancy bought a brand-new sparkly tree topper with her own money and can’t wait to decorate the Christmas tree. But when things don’t turn out the way Nancy planned, will Christmas still be splendiferous? Children younger than 2 do not require a ticket. Recommended for age 4 and up. The performance will run about 55 minutes.
- Oakland Zoo – Zoolights – December 2nd – Jan. 1st http://www.oaklandzoo.org/Calendar_Item.php?i=1307